If there is one you don’t give your girlfriend on her birthday, anniversary or whatever celebration she’s having, its bad gifts. Now if you don’t want to end up getting slapped or have an angry girlfriend waiting then you better avoid these bad girlfriend gift ideas now. Here are some of the worst gifts that you shouldn’t even try giving your woman.
- Gym membership – any guy who thinks that it is a good idea to give their girlfriend a gym membership should think again. It doesn’t matter if your girl is busy with work or school that she sets aside the time to work out, giving her a gym membership is not the answer. Most likely you will get a slap if you ever present this to her so abort this mission once and for all. Not only is it a bad idea it’s also insulting on her part.
- Household appliances – don’t give your girlfriend a vacuum cleaner or any appliances for that matter. It doesn’t matter if your intentions are good, this is probably the worse gift she can get. It’s also as good as “you need to clean up” to her face. Unless of course she needs it then it’s nothing to worry about.
- Cook Books – another bad idea to give is a cookbook. This is just like the giving her an appliance, especially if she doesn’t really know how to cook well. Again, your intentions may be great but she might not get what you mean. Unless your girlfriend is someone who loves cooking and adores cookbooks then this is a good gift to give.
- A diet plan – she may be a picky eater or complains a lot about her weight, or whatever it is she’s going through right now with her weight or diet, you do not give her any diet plan. This gift is as good as agreeing with her that she looks fat and terrible that she has to go on a diet.
- Money inserted in a card – this is probably the most unromantic gift that you can give. Not only is this unromantic, it’s also insensitive. It’s like saying “here’s some money, go get something for yourself because I don’t have the time to”. Ditch this plan.
- Tickets to an event you want to attend – if you have plans of going to a certain event, say a concert of your favorite band, but your girlfriend doesn’t want to, don’t go around and trick her with a ticket to the event as a gift. This will get her pretty mad, trust me.
- Exercise videos – another big NO is giving your girl an exercise video. This will scream that she needs to lose weight and that she is fat. It will also tell her that you think how she looks like is not enough so if you can, avoid this gift at all cost.
- Nose hair trimmer – unless you are dating a gorilla then you better rethink this decision. Not only is it a bad gift but it’s rather insulting especially if you are dating a rather hairy girl.
- A wax kit for bikini – now this will certainly tell her that you don’t like how her whole womanhood looks like with all the hair down there. Not exactly romantic, right? You could give her a full spa experience but to give her a bikini wax kit? Oh come on.
- A promise ring – if you and your girlfriend have been together for a while, isn’t it time to propose? I mean really propose and not give her a promise ring as a gift. Not only is this a bad choice but it will also send her the wrong message. It’s not even an engagement ring so don’t give a thing like this to her if you are not ready to be engaged just yet.
- Stuffed animals – although this may be a cute thing to give and some girls might like it but this is not the best gift choice if the two of you are together for years. Unless you guys are still in middle school or high school then it could probably work.
- Gift cards – it’s boring and unromantic. Like anyone can get a gift card these days, so why would you even bother giving it to your girlfriend? Unless it’s a gift card to her favorite makeup store then you can save yourself from getting her mad.
So you can see there are plenty of dumb girlfriend gift ideas out there that you should never give. These are the top 12 that we can find and if you really love her, you will definitely avoid getting her any of the items we have mentioned. Seriously.